Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Songwriting & Music Producing

I got my start as a songwriter and music producer writing music and lyrics for local filmmakers in Atlanta, GA. I was always given specific assignments for the songs based on the film. My primary job was to make the music work with the story line of the films I wrote for. A couple of the films I have written songs for have gone on to win some awards such as:

A Song For Robbie Miller won a Golden Rooster for Best Short at the Southern Fried Flicks Film Festival in Augusta, GA. It is also screening this summer at the Atlanta Film Festival. I wrote and sang the opening credits song for the film.

EpicopAliens won Best Sound Design at the Atlanta 48-Hour Film Festival. This movie was a musical and I wrote two songs and co-wrote 2 others with the director of the film.

Lovely Rita won Best Short Feature at the Highway 5 Film Festival in Atlanta, GA. I wrote a song for a montage scene and the ending credits song.
NOTE: (To view all three of these movies, click here)

With the above credits behind me, I decided to start writing music for myself. Instead of others giving me assignments, I pulled from my life experiences as well as stories I had always wanted to write down and started making music on my own.

I write for all types of genres. By myself, I create country, rock/pop songs. With the help of a music partner I have even written hip-hop, r&b songs. I hope to sell some of my songs this year and land a publishing/producing contract with a major publishing house so that I may write songs on a full-time basis.

No comments:

iMixes